Follow along as GiGi Ashworth shares this recipe for a delicious grass-fed NY Strip Steak with Onion Broccoli Pesto. GiGi takes this classic steak cut and makes it gourmet with her homemade, nut-free pesto sauce.
With the same amazing flavor as the 14-ounce New York Strip Steak, this 8-ounce New York Strip Steak makes smaller portions a breeze. Perfect for lunch for GiGi! Or, in this case…Landon. Watch GiGi transform this heart-healthy, brain-boosting grass-fed steak into a culinary delight.
Onion Broccoli Pesto Strip Steak
USWM Shopping List: Petite NY Strip
- 1 Petite NY Strip (or any steak)
- 6.5 Oz Riced Broccoli
- 6 Oz Sliced Onions
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Season the NY Strip with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice onions into rings and brown in a skillet with avocado oil.
- Purée riced broccoli, avocado oil, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and sesame seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- In a bowl, toss the cooked onion with the fresh pesto sauce.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on high, add avocado oil, and sear the steak for about 2 minutes, or preferred doneness, on each side.
- Allow steak to rest, and top with pesto and onion mixture. Enjoy!
GiGi Dubois Ashworth
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog or Instagram @gigieats. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!