Follow along as GiGi Ashworth shares this recipe for a delicious grass-fed NY Strip Steak with Onion Broccoli Pesto. GiGi takes this classic steak cut and makes it gourmet with her homemade, nut-free pesto sauce.
With the same amazing flavor as the 14-ounce New York Strip Steak, this 8-ounce New York Strip Steak makes smaller portions a breeze. Perfect for lunch for GiGi! Or, in this case…Landon. Watch GiGi transform this heart-healthy, brain-boosting grass-fed steak into a culinary delight.
Onion Broccoli Pesto Strip Steak
Recipe & Photos by Gigi Ashworth| gigieats
USWM Shopping List: Petite NY Strip
- 1 Petite NY Strip (or any steak)
- 6.5 Oz Riced Broccoli
- 6 Oz Sliced Onions
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- Season the NY Strip with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice onions into rings and brown in a skillet with avocado oil.
- Purée riced broccoli, avocado oil, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, and sesame seeds in a food processor until smooth.
- In a bowl, toss the cooked onion with the fresh pesto sauce.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on high, add avocado oil, and sear the steak for about 2 minutes, or preferred doneness, on each side.
- Allow steak to rest, and top with pesto and onion mixture. Enjoy!
Browse our Discover Blog and YouTube Channel for more nourishing, delicious recipes!
GiGi Dubois Ashworth
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog or Instagram @gigieats. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!