Recipe & Photos Courtesy of Kaylie Watson, Kaylie Watson’s Nourished Wellness
Kaylie is a past Featured Chef with US Wellness Meats and has some sensational recipes.
This recipe is a delicious combination of caramelized onions, pasture raised pork bacon, mushrooms and spinach all wrapped up in an egg puff. It makes a hearty breakfast that’s loaded with nutrition to start the day off right. Of course, it’s equally delicious for lunch or dinner as well. Quiches are easy to prepare and are incredibly flexible for your favorite veggies or pasture raised meats.
Servings: 6 people
- 10 eggs
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 strips of cooked bacon chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 avocado for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Start with a pan (make sure the pan can go from stovetop to oven) over medium heat, add in coconut oil and sliced onions. Add in a pinch of salt, this helps the onions release their liquid. Cook until caramelized about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Next add mushrooms into the pan, Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the spinach and cooked bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, add in salt. Pour the eggs into the bacon mushroom mixture. Stir and combined so that all ingredients are equally distributed.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until center is no longer liquid. Remove from oven and top with green onions and avocado.
Meet The Chef
After being diagnosed with Lyme Disease, Autoimmune and CIRS, Kaylie Watson started the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet as recommended by her doctor. She is always developing new AIP recipes that will encourage healing. She describes her cooking style as healing, real whole foods, and simple. She is passionate about helping others heal through food and a non-toxic lifestyle. See more of Kaylie’s recipes and lifestyle tips at Nourished Wellness.