The deliciousness of grass-fed and finished ground beef can make it a stand alone star, but by adding nutrient dense organ meats to the mix takes things up a notch. August Featured Chef Stacey Venancio has done just that with her Burger Bake recipe. This Nutrient Dense Burger Bake can be AIP or paleo approved and fit to fuel you.
“This Burger Bake is rocket fuel for humans! You will not taste oysters or liver, it simply tastes like delicious, savory, seasoned ground beef. The oysters add an umami element along with plenty of zinc to balance out the copper content of the liver. “
Nutrient Dense Burger Bake
By Stacey Venancio | Real World AIP
Makes 4-5 servings (I always triple this recipe!)
- 1 lb Grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 c Tigernut Flour for AIP compliant or almond flour for Paleo
- ⅓ lb (5.3 oz) Grass-fed beef liver
- 2.5 oz fresh or frozen shucked oysters in their own juice- not drained. (In a pinch you can use canned oysters.)
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped (opt.)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 T oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the ground beef to a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender and puree VERY well.
- Pour the mix from the blender into the bowl with the ground beef and mix well.
- Spread into a square glass baking dish or pie pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool and slice.
- Slice in half and use in place of bread for a meat-which with arugula, red onion and avocado.
- Crumble over spaghetti squash or a sweet potato with No-Tomato marinara sauce.
- Use it as a grab-and-go snack straight out of the fridge!
Explore more recipes on the Discover Blog.
Stacey Venancio is on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place through food, fitness, and mindset inspiration. She is a full-time ACE Certified Personal Trainer as well as an ACE Certified Health Coach. Through her blog, Real World AIP, Stacey shares delicious AIP recipes and inspiration to achieve a better quality of life.