Pressure cook your brisket on high for 60 minutes for a hearty, nourishing Brisket Stew by our March Featured Chef, Azza Gallab. Azza’s passion for health and wellness has been developing for many years, and her love of cooking stems from the inspirational cooks in her family. Azza focuses on gut health because the gut is directly correlated with every other aspect of our wellbeing.
Azza explains why she likes to break her fast with this nourishing stew. Fasting gives your body time to reset and cleanse, and nutrient-rich foods like bone broth, ghee, vegetables, and grass-fed meat are perfect fast-breakers!
Let’s see how Azza formulates this delicious brisket stew without further ado.
Recipe & Photos by Azza Gallab @Microbiyum
- 2 lb Beef Brisket
- 1 CUP Beef Bone Broth
- 1 TBSP Goat Butter or Ghee
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 CUP Diced Carrots
- 2 CUPS Chopped Collard Greens
- 2 CUPS Chopped Swiss Chard
- ½ CUP Chopped Fennel Bulb
- 1 CUP Diced Golden Beets
- ½ CUP Diced Celery
- 2 TSP Sunflower Lecithin
- Seasoning: (sea salt, pepper, fenugreek, cumin, turmeric, oregano flakes)
- Cut brisket into cubes and set aside.
- Turn on the sauté function of a pressure cooker or heat a cast-iron skillet. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of goat butter or ghee and 1-2 teaspoons sea salt and pepper.
- Once the cooking fat has melted, using tongs, add brisket. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper. Flip occasionally until the brisket has browned on all sides.
- Chop all vegetables and set them aside.
- Pour beef broth into a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon sticks and vegetables, seasoning, and sunflower lecithin.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid and make sure the valve is pointed to the sealed position. Program to cook under high pressure for 60 minutes.
- When cooking is done, release the pressure by opening the valve. The beef brisket stew is ready to be served! Garnish with chopped green onion and/or cilantro. Enjoy!
Our Discover Blog has tons of recipes to satisfy your cravings and nutrient necessities!
Meet Azza, a first-generation Sudanese American Artist, Alchemist & Experience Architect. Azza is the founder of Haremesque, a luxury online potion boutique & MicrobiYUM, a community that explores health & nutrition in the most delicious and digestible way. Her love and interest in cooking and baking were inspired by the amazing women in her family and further developed as she became passionate about health and wellness.