Introducing the Meatza Pizza Pie! With a unique spin on America’s favorite food, February Featured Chef, Brianna Ascher of @igotideas delivers a crust OOZING with FLAVOR! This keto delight is composed of ground turkey, parmesan, pork rinds, egg, and seasoning.
Family pizza night just got creative! Get all hands on deck for this scrumptious creation. Feel free to divide and conquer, allowing everyone to include their favorite toppings.
Recipe and Photos By: Brianna Ascher| @igotideas
Meatza Pizza Pie
USWM Shopping List: Ground Meat (Turkey), Mozzarella Cheese
- 1lb Ground Meat (I prefer turkey)
- ½ CUP Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ CUP Pork Rind Crumbs (I prefer Pork King Good)
- 1 LARGE Egg
- Seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, Italian, garlic, onion, etc.)
- Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella, SHREDDED
- Parmesan, SHREDDED or GRATED
- Green Peppers, SLICED or CHOPPED
- Black Olives, SLICED
- Red Onion, SLICED
- Add your favorite toppings!
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper to ensure it is nonstick. Do NOT use a pizza stone – when the crust cooks, it will leak liquid fat.
- In a large bowl, combine all the crust ingredients. Use clean hands to combine until evenly mixed and roll into one big meatball.
- Place the meatball on the parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten in the shape of a circle (or a rectangle if you prefer). Once flattened, push up the edges to look like a traditional pizza crust. Don’t worry about the center being thin – it’s meat, so it will hold up!
- Place the crust in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (oven times vary). While the crust is cooking, prepare your toppings.
- When the crust is cooked, remove it from the oven (leave it turned on) and add your tomato sauce, cheeses, and any additional toppings. Place back in the oven and cook for 10-15 additional minutes (or longer if you prefer). Once finished, let cool, slice, and enjoy!
Take a journey down discovery lane. Find recipes, articles, and more on our Discover Blog.
Brianna is a home cook who has traveled the world for her day job. She has combined her love for cooking with inspiration from the different locales and cultures she’s visited. Each place offers more great ideas for recipes. Brianna changed her diet in 2018 to focus on Keto, Low Car, and Carnivore meals. You can see more of the dishes she’s prepared on her Instagram channel, @IGotIdeas