It’s likely that you have recently been learning more and more about the health benefits of organ meats. And if not, now is a perfect time! Organ meats are extremely nutrient-dense, containing high amounts of protein, folate, vitamin B12, iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, and fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K[*].
US Wellness Meats offers a ground beef and organ blend that simplifies incorporating these nourishing cuts into your diet. Carley Smith uses this ground beef blend in her delicious meatloaf recipe, complete with nourishing vegetables. Preheat the oven, sauté the veggies, and bake for about an hour.
Watch this recipe unfold in Carley’s cooking demo!
Recipe & Photos by Carley Smith | Fairy Gutmother
USWM Shopping List: US Wellness Meats 75% Lean Ground Beef, Heart, Kidney, and Liver
- 1 lb. US Wellness Meats 75% Lean Ground Beef, Heart, Kidney, and Liver
- 1 egg
- 1C rice, cooked
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, diced
- 2TBS oregano, chopped
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1tsp coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3C ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté veggies in oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Remove veggies from heat and add to giant mixing bowl.
- Add meat, egg, rice, and seasoning to bowl then mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a greased loaf pan and place in the oven for about an hour or until the internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and top with ketchup, place back in the oven for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
Browse the Discover Blog for more delicious recipes by Carley and other Featured Chefs.
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.