Photo & Recipe Author: Haley & Bill | Primal Palate
The combination of flavors in this pork meatball recipe are out of this world delicious! Spaghetti squash is such a great alternative to pasta spaghetti and with the artichoke hearts, heirloom pork, garlic and basil, this is one recipe you’ll make again and again.
Meatballs are great as appetizers for entertaining or as a meal in this case. If you want nutritious and delicious, start with all-natural, pasture raised meats without the junk. This heirloom pork is pasture raised and makes this meal a keeper.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Tbsp Sausage Seasoning (Primal Palate Meat & Potatoes Seasoning or your favorite seasoning)
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cup Artichoke Hearts
- 2 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the ends off of the squash, and slice it in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds from the squash, place it on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 35 minutes or until squash is tender and the “noodles” shred easily with a fork.
- Place the halves ina baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes until fork tender.
- Mix the ground pork with the Sausage Seasoning.
- Roll the pork into 1-2 oz meatballs, and place them in a separate baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Saute the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and garlic with the salt and pepper until soft.
- Add the basil, and continue to saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven, and shred it with a fork. You can add additional butter and seasonings to the spaghetti squash if desired.
- Toss the vegetables with the meatballs, and serve over the spaghetti squash.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. Find more delicious recipes at PrimalPalate.com. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from. We also carry their Organic Seasonings Mixes: French Onion Mix, Garden Ranch, and Taco & Fajita.