In the cooking video below, Carley Smith demonstrates how she prepares a few of our US Wellness Meats heat & serve items. In this article of the series, we share how Carley prepares the pork or beef meatballs for her Meatball Pasta Bake (0:30 of video).
Both the pork and the beef meatballs are pre-cooked with pink Himalayan salt, garlic, onion, black pepper, oregano, and turmeric. Delicious AND nutrient-rich, the spices are certified USDA-Organic, Whole30 Approved, Certified Gluten-Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, Non-Irradiated, and contain no MSG.
Check out the articles for the other two recipes in this video: Mexican Casserole with prepared Shredded Beef (3:14 of video) and Butternut Squash Hash with prepared Pot Roast ( 6:58 of video).
Meatball Pasta Bake
Recipe & Photos by Carley Smith | Fairy Gutmother
USWM Shopping List: Pork or Beef Pre-Cooked Meatballs, Grass-fed Butter, Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb. Pork or Beef Pre-Cooked Meatballs
- 4 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 package of your favorite pasta (Fusilli or similar form), cooked al dente
- Tossed in 2 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- Mixture for pasta
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper flakes
- Parsley, chopped
- Extra cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F and simmer meatballs on the stovetop with your favorite pasta sauce.
- Cook your pasta of choice until al dente, or “firm to the bite”. This can be achieved by cooking the pasta for half of the recommended time on the label. Strain pasta from water and toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil or butter.
- Combine the egg, red pepper flakes, shredded mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley, and then mix into the noodles. Once thoroughly combined, transfer the noodle mixture into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Top the pasta spread with the meatballs, pasta sauce, and extra cheese for a bubbly and gooey top layer. Add red pepper flakes.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes, until cheese is melted. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and cheese.
Our Discover Blog has tons of recipes to satisfy your cravings and nutrient necessities!
Carley Smith, aka The Fairy Gutmother, is a Nutritional Therapist and Certified GAPS Practitioner with a passion for helping others improve their gut & immune health. Carley was diagnosed with Lyme disease and practiced the ancient art of healing through food. Please visit Carley’s Featured Chef page and Fairy Gutmother for more information.