Marinades allow me to add robust flavor to proteins with little effort. This steak pairs well with a chimichurri sauce and roasted plantains. Enjoy this delicious grilled flank steak recipe!
RECIPE AUTHOR: Kareema Fernan
USWM SHOPPING LIST: Beef Flank Steak
- 1 lb Beef Flank Steak
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Place steak in a sealed plastic bag with all ingredients listed above.
- Marinade for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat gas grill to 550 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place steak on left burner on high heat for initial for 4 minutes.
- Turn all remaining burners to medium heat.
- Move steak to medium burner after initial flip.
- Cook steak until temperature reaches 130 degrees Fahrenheit (medium rare).
- Let rest for 5 mins before slicing.
USWM Thanks to our September 2017 Featured Chef, Kareema Fernan, who created this wonderful grilled flank steak recipe! See Kareema’s Instagram Page for more recipes, kitchen tips, and beautiful photos.