Marinades allow me to add robust flavor to proteins with little effort. This chicken pairs well over greens and drizzled with a homemade Caesar dressing. Enjoy this Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe!
RECIPE AUTHOR: Kareema Fernan
USWM SHOPPING LIST: Free Range Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Free Range Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Lemon (Zest & Juice)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- Brine chicken breast in 5 cups of cold water, 1 tbls salt, and ½ fresh lime juiced for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in a sealed plastic bag with all ingredients listed above.
- Marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place chicken breast on middle burner on low heat.
- Turn all surrounding burners to medium heat.
- Flip chicken breast every 5 mins.
- Cook for at least 15 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Let rest before slicing.
USWM Thanks to our September 2017 Featured Chef, Kareema Fernan, who created this magnificent grilled chicken breast recipe! See Kareema’s Instagram Page for more recipes, kitchen tips, and beautiful photos.