We have one word for you… NACHOS! Yes, we are talking about the delicious chip and topping combo that is a fan-favorite across the country. We have a little surprise for you. These aren’t your typical nachos. These Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos are courtesy of July Featured Chef Heather Brown. Not only are they mouthwatering, but this puts a healthy and fun twist on a classic dish.
“One of my favorite things to do in the kitchen is to come up with a “healthy” spin on a favorite classic! And that is exactly what these sweet potato nachos are! After sharing these Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos on my Instagram Stories when we were shooting the photos with my photographer earlier this week, I had an influx of messages asking for the recipe. I am happy to report these nachos are just as amazing as they look! What I love most about this Sweet Potato Nacho recipe is you can add or subtract any of the ingredients to make it your own. I loaded my nachos with grilled chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeño, green onions, tomato, and of course GUAC! However these would be great with beef or pork and any other toppings your tastebuds desire.”
Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
Recipe By: Heather Brown, My Life Well Loved
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Sliced in rounds, or Sweet Potato Chips
- USWM Chicken, Cooked + Shredded
- 1 Package of Guacamole
- ¼ Cup of Black Beans, Drained and rinsed
- ¼ Cup of Frozen Corn, Cooked according to package
- 1 Roma Tomato, Diced
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, Finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, Sliced thin
- 1 Cup of Mexican Cheese
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions, Optional for topping
- USWM Bacon or Turkey Bacon, Optional for topping
- Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream, Optional for topping
- Cilantro, Optional for topping
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Wash and slice sweet potatoes into ⅛” rounds
- Toss the sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Once cooked, allow to cool, then transfer to a new baking sheet to begin assembling
- If using sweet potato chips, skip #1-4 and spread chips out on a baking sheet to begin assembling
- Drain and rinse black beans then add to nachos
- Cook frozen corn according to package then add to nachos
- Chop roma tomato, red onion, jalapeño, green onions then add to nachos
- Top with cheese and place in oven at 425 for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted
- Once cheese is melted, spread an even layer of guacamole over the top
- Add on any toppings (green onions, bacon, greek yogurt/sour cream, cilantro, etc) and enjoy your sweet potato nachos!
Looking for more recipes? Visit our Discover Blog.
Meet Heather Brown! Hailing from Birmingham, Alabama, Heather is your go-to girl for delicious recipes, healthy tips, and lifestyle must-haves. As a mom of two boys, she knows a thing or two about creating recipes the whole family will love. You can learn more about Heather on her lifestyle blog, My Life Well Loved.