Spooky foods, superfoods! GiGi Ashworth prepares a delicious, not-so-spooky treat for your tastebuds. Besides being delicious, liver is a superfood with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Liver sometimes gets a bad rap for being unpalatable. Grass-fed beef liver will change your mind.
Needing a dairy-free recipe, GiGi makes a classic Liver and Onion recipe of her own with “lots and lots and lots of butter-flavored coconut oil!” You can also cook this recipe with Grass-Fed Butter, Ghee, Tallow, and our other nutrient-rich, grass-fed fats.
- All B Vitamins (B-12, choline, folate, and more)
- Fat-soluble Vitamins A, D, E, K, and all B Vitamins
- Minerals like iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, and more
- High-quality protein (contains all 9 essential amino acids)
US Wellness Meats offers organ meats from various sustainably-raised livestock, including beef, bison, lamb, pork, and poultry. We also provide organ meat blends, like deliciously-seasoned Liverwurst and 75% Lean Ground Beef with Heart, Kidney, and Liver. In another recipe, GiGi used the ground beef organ blend for a delicious, nourishing, keto-friendly Inside-Out Burger.
Watch as GiGi experiments with this Liver & Onion recipe!
Grass-Fed Beef Liver with Onions
USWM Shopping List: Grass-Fed Beef Liver
- In a skillet, melt your cooking fat of choice over medium-high heat.
- Sautée sliced onions until brown.
- Move onions to the sides of the pan, place the liver in the pan, season with salt and pepper, and sear on both sides until preferred doneness. GiGi cooked the liver all the way through, but it is also enjoyed with a rare center.
- Serve, garnish with parsely, and enjoy this delicious and nutrious meal!
Find more organ meat recipes on the US Wellness Discover Blog!
GiGi Dubois Ashworth
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog or Instagram @gigieats. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!