Grilled kabobs are one of the easiest foods to prepare. Simple maybe, but full of delicious flavors! Load your skewers with your favorite veggies, meats, and seasonings and you have a treat for the whole family.
“This is quite a healthy summer grilling recipe. It’s full of protein and veggies and makes a great low carb grilling recipe if that’s what you’re going for.
Of course, opinions vary, but as a Paleo-ish RD myself, I consider high-quality steak to be a great addition to a healthy diet. Beef is of course high in protein, but it’s also an excellent source of zinc and iron. Just make sure to get grass-fed beef if you can. It’s up to 500% higher in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). CLA may help reduce the risk for some types of cancer and type 2 diabetes. Grass-fed beef also contains up to 5 times as many Omega-3s as conventional beef.” ~ Allison Schaaf
Lemon Pepper & Garlic Steak Kabobs
Recipe By: Allison Schaaf | Prep Dish
US Wellness Shopping List: Sirloin Steak
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T olive oil
- Cut steak into 1 ½ inch cubes + zucchini in large slices + mince 4 gloves garlic.
- Add steak, zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in lemon pepper, salt, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss until the steak and veggies are well coated.
- Heat grill or grill pan to med-high.
- Skewer steak, zucchini and cherry tomatoes on soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers.
- Grill for 2-4mins on each side until steak is cooked to desired level.
Explore recipes and more on the Discover Blog.
Prep Dish is a gluten-free, paleo, and keto meal planning website. Celebrity personal chef & dietitian Allison Schaaf thoughtfully crafts each plan using her own well-tested recipes. Each meal plan allows you, the home cook, to spend only 2-3 hours preparing a week’s worth of crave-worthy, healthy meals using seasonal, whole foods (nothing processed!). We aim to save you time while keeping your family’s taste buds happy.