This Lamb Loin Chops with Zucchini recipe is ideal for early summer meals. Why, you ask? Zucchini is widely available at farmer’s markets or from your own garden. Zucchini is a wonderful squash that can be prepared in a variety of ways…zoodles for a grain-free pasta, pan fried zucchini in grass-fed butter or ghee, and as a main salad ingredient or complement.
Grass-fed lamb loin chops can offer a delicious alternative to beef steaks. Grass-fed lamb has so much flavor, it doesn’t require a lot of additional seasoning. Marla Sarris shares this simply amazing recipe that’s perfect for any occasion.
Recipe Author: Marla Sarris
USWM Shopping List: Lamb Loin Chops
PHOTO CREDIT: Marla Sarris
- 4 (1.5lbs) bone in grass-fed lamb loin chops
- coarse ground sea salt, to taste
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- dried thyme
Instructions For Lamb Loin Chops with Zucchini
- Heat a 10.5 inch cast-iron grill pan over medium heat until it just starts to smoke.
- Season lamb chops with sea salt and add to the pan seasoned side down. Cook for 4 minutes, flip and season the side facing you. Cook for 5 more minutes and cover with a lid to cook interior to desired doneness (1-6 more minutes). Remove chops from heat, transfer to a plate and let rest 1-2 minutes.
- In an 8 or 9-inch skillet over medium heat, add zucchini, onion, garlic and season with dried thyme. Stir continuously until zucchini is fully cooked (7-10 minutes).
- Serve lamb chops alongside sautéed zucchini.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Meet The Chef
Our thanks to Marla Sarris who is the creator of this and many other amazing recipes. Marla is the co-author of the cookbook, Pigskin Paleo and executive producer of the film, Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things. She’s also authoring a new cookbook, Paleo MX: Authentic Mexican Recipes, which we’re anticipating. You can learn more about Marla here.