Get your pizza fix in a healthy way with this Keto Meatball Pizza!
This post was written by Megan Olson of PaleoHacks. PaleoHacks is a top source for amazing Paleo recipes, fitness tips, and wellness advice to help you live life to the fullest.
This pizza is pure comfort! Loaded with big, homemade Keto meatballs and spicy marinara, this healthy pie is built upon a homemade coconut crust (it’s a lot easier than you think — promise!)
To make your Keto meatball pizza, start by making the pizza meatballs and marinara sauce. Tip: Prep these ahead of time so you can whip up this pizza in only 15 minutes. You can even keep them in the freezer for up to a month! This recipe only uses half of the meatballs and sauce, so keep the rest on hand for meatball sandwiches or veggie noodle toppings!
Once the meatballs and marinara sauce are ready, make the pizza dough with coconut flour, coconut milk and egg whites with Italian seasoning and other spices. Bake it by itself until it’s golden brown, top with marinara sauce and meatballs, and then toss it back into the oven until it’s bubbly hot. Top with fresh basil and crushed red peppers flakes, and sprinkle with a little nutritional yeast if you want to give it a Paleo-friendly cheesy flavor.
If you prefer your keto pizza crust extra thick, let the batter sit in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. It’ll thicken up quickly, thanks to the absorbent coconut flour. Just be sure to to bring the batter back to room temperature before baking!
Serve your Keto Meatball Pizza as quick weeknight dinner, or bring to your your next get-together. It’s a real crowd pleaser!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Yield: 4 servings
½ portion of these Pizza Meatballs & Sauce
½ cup coconut flour
6 large egg whites
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 t. Italian seasoning
½ t. onion powder
½ t. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
For garnish: fresh basil, crushed red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and coconut milk until frothy.
- Fold the coconut flour into the batter. Do not over combine.
- Using a baking spatula, spread the dough evenly onto the prepared baking sheet forming into a rectangle.
- Bake at 375 F 17 minutes until the center is set and edges are golden brown. Reduce the oven to 325 F.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Top with marinara sauce and meatballs.
- Place the keto pizza back in the oven and bake at 325 F 10 for minutes, or until meatballs are warmed and marinara sauce is bubbly.
Megan is the author of the gluten free website, Skinny Fitalicious where she creates easy, low calorie recipes. Megan is also a nutrition practitioner specializing in weight loss. When she’s not in the kitchen or coaching clients, she’s in the gym teaching group fitness.
PaleoHacks is a top source for amazing Paleo recipes, fitness tips, and wellness advice to help you live life to the fullest.