Recipe and photos courtesy of Marcus & Tamisha Washington | Him, Her, and a Fork
This Kale & Cashew Chicken Pasta recipe from Past Featured Chefs, Marcus and Tamisha Washington, is outstanding! As with most pasta dishes, this one is versatile so you can use chicken or shrimp for the protein.
“For some reason, people have this thought engraved into their heads that the words pasta and healthy can’t be in the same space. If you’re having pasta, it has to be deemed unhealthy, right? Wrong! And we couldn’t say it any louder. There is absolutely no reason why you can’t have a healthy pasta dish.
What if we told you the problem has nothing to do with the pasta itself? It’s all about the portion sizes that we are used to here in America.”
~ Marcus and Tamisha Washington
Start with whole, all-natural, fresh ingredients and your final product will be delicious and nutritious.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
US Wellness Shopping List: Chicken Breast or Shrimp
- 1 pound of chicken breast – chopped (or shrimp)
- 16 oz organic whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp garlic – minced
- 16 oz of organic broccoli – fresh or frozen
- 1 – 8 oz package of Vegan Kale Cashew Basil Pesto
- Salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning to taste
Instructions for Kale & Cashew Chicken Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt and add oil to water to flavor pasta.
- As water is coming to a boil, add the cubed chicken to a hot skillet. When chicken is browned, add fresh or frozen broccoli. Cook until broccoli is soft. Set aside.
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- Strain, reserving ½ cup of pasta water in a separate bowl/measuring cup.
- Add chicken, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and Vegan Kale Cashew Basil Pesto to pasta.
- Return to heat, add pasta water, and combine all ingredients until well combined and all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve and enjoy
Meet The Chef
Marcus & Tamisha Washington are the fabulous Husband & Wife duo behind Him, Her, and a Fork. They are food, fitness, and lifestyle bloggers and have a passion for cooking up healthy, delicious foods. With the birth of their daughter, they will be developing a new “Baby” section to their website. Make sure you check out their site for some great ideas.