Every once in awhile, you come across a recipe, and you instantly say, “I have to try this!”. That is precisely how you will feel about past Featured Chef Aimee Wilson‘s Juicy Chimichurri Bison Chorizo Sausage Recipe. She puts her twist on a chimichurri sauce to create this delicious dish. Thank you, Aimee, for sharing this recipe. We can not wait to give it a try!
For most of this pregnancy, I’ve been craving MEAT. Ever since I traveled for work last December and had the most scrumptious chimichurri skirt steak, it’s been on my mind.
Since we don’t have a grill (yet) and I don’t want the house to be smoked out by searing a skirt steak, I’ve been trying to think of other meats to go along with chimichurri sauce. That same day, I scrolled through USWM’s inventory and landed on something that made me wonder, bison chorizo. At Argentinian restaurants, I’ve definitely ordered sausages and meat platters before (which were awesome), so why not give bison a shot? Clearly, it was a hit – especially when I made it for my husband.
Juicy Chimichurri Bison Chorizo Sausage Recipe
Recipe By: Aimee Wilson, One Full Plate
USWM Shopping List: Bison Chorizo Sausage
- 1 cup of fresh organic parsley
- 3-4 cloves of minced or sliced garlic
- 3/4 cup of cold pressed olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- A dash of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Put all in a food processor or blender and combine until smooth.
Bison Chorizo Patties
- 1lb package of Bison Chorizo Sausage from USWM
- Take about 2-3oz of the sausage and form into a patty. There should be about 5-7 pattIes using the entire package;
- Heat up a skillet (I prefer a cast iron) to medium high heat and drizzle about 1-2 tbsp of oil within;
- Add the patties into the skillet and cook until fully cooked through (about 7-8 minutes depending on your pan).
After making this recipe, I’m ashamed to say how easy it it to whip up, however, because USWM’s chorizo is filled with yummy and spicy flavors, you literally don’t have to add anything else to it. It would be delicious on its own.
Explore more recipes on our Discover Blog.
About The Author:
Aimee Wilson is a food, travel, and lifestyle blogger at OneFullPlate.com. Her focus is on simple, delicious, recipes with clean, healthy ingredients.