Ingredients for Cashew Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
Ingredients for Eggplant Lasagna
- 2 eggplants, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups sugar-free marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces.
- Sea salt, to taste
Directions for Cashew Cheese
- Drain the soaked cashews and place in the food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until thick and creamy. Set aside.
Directions for Eggplant Lasagna
- Heat up the broiler.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place eggplant slices on a broiler safe baking sheet and broil for 8 minutes, flipping them half way through.
- Take out the eggplants and lower the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add ground turkey, garlic, and salt in the saucepan, stirring until the turkey is browned.
- Add marinara sauce into the saucepan, lower the heat, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves.
- Spread out ¼ of the turkey marinara sauce evenly at the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish.
- Take ⅓ of the eggplant slices and add a layer on top of the sauce, having the edges overlap.
- Spread ⅓ of the cashew cheese on top of the eggplants.
- Repeat these layers 2 more times, then top with remaining turkey marinara sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the lasagna is bubbling.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.