- 1 lb chicken liver
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Squeeze ½ lemon juice over the chicken liver, coat it evenly, and let it soak for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Pour and discard the lemon juice, then rinse the liver under running water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter, ghee, or coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the liver, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and fresh thyme and stir to cook for about 5 minutes until the balsamic vinegar is has been reduced.
- Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Place the mixture into a food processor, with sea salt, ground pepper, and the remaining butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Blend until smooth. Add more salt, to taste.
- Pour the mixture in ramekins or a bowl, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Serve cold with gluten free toast, crackers, or vegetables!
Help & Info
Retail & Wholesale
Get In Touch