For all of our low-carb loving patrons we have just the recipe for you! In recent years cauliflower rice has become a staple for those trying to keep it low-carb or keto. October Featured Chef Mike Gorman has shared his Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Rice to kick your typical cauliflower rice up a notch. A special thank you to Mike. This recipe looks tasty!
“If cauliflower rice is new to you, this is a great way to give it a go and see how it is a great vehicle for flavor. It is a blank palate that you can bring to life with this dish that turns the traditional appetizer of poppers into a hearty meal!”
Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower Rice
Recipe By: Mike Gorman | Gormy Goes Keto
- One pound US Wellness Meats Sugar Free Pork Breakfast Sausage
- Twelve ounces frozen cauliflower rice (or fresh)
- Two jalapeño peppers diced (for extra heat, keep the seeds/rib!)
- One half of a medium onion diced
- Four ounces cream cheese
- Two ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- One tablespoon avocado oil (or fat of choice!)
- One teaspoon of salt
- One tablespoon adobo seasoning
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Brown the sausage in the avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the jalapeño and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice and mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan for 5 minutes to steam the rice.
- Remove cover and continue to sauté for 5 min.
- Lower heat, and add the cream cheese, stirring to melt and blend. If the mixture seems very thick at this point you can add 2-3 tablespoons of water, broth or heavy cream to smooth it out.
- Add shredded cheese and stir to melt. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
This can be a hearty meal on its own, or a great side dish. I have also used this as a stuffing for a bell pepper!
Find more tasty recipes on the Discover Blog.
October Featured Chef Mike Gorman has quite an inspirational story. To put it simply, Mike knows a thing or two about weight loss. In fact, he has lost over 300 lbs twice! Today, Mike inspires and coaches others to do the same through his Instagram @gormygoesketo and his podcast Fat Guy Forum. Check out his page and podcast to find health journey inspiration, keto recipes, and more!