Many families have a list of go to meals or favorites that are in a regular rotation. If you haven’t considered this, ask your family what meals they really enjoy. Start with a simple list and expand it as you have more feedback. Pretty soon, you’ve got a meal plan that your family loves. It’s easy enough to mix in some different recipes to keep things fresh. Maybe a day or two can be devoted to new ideas. An added benefit: a meal plan can help save money on shopping too.
This Italian sausage and roasted root vegetables recipe is one that makes a great addition to the meal plan. It’s quick and easy to prepare, inexpensive and delicious!
Recipe Author: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
PHOTO CREDIT: Bill & Hayley/Primal Palate
- 2 lb Fingerling Potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups Carrots, chopped
- 2 cups Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, uncooked, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the chopped potatoes, carrot, and onion out in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, and season with the Garlic and Herb Seasoning.
- Using a spatula, carefully toss the vegetables to make sure they are evenly coated in the oil and seasoning.
- Bake the vegetables for 40 minutes, stirring every so often, or until they are fork tender, and crispy on the outside.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, and add the sliced sausage.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to our friends Hayley and Bill at Primal Palate for sharing their recipe. If you’d like to spice up your recipes with more delicious Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from: Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb) and the all new Food Lovers pack (New Bae, Amore, and Jerk).