This Instant Pot Coconut Chicken (5-Ingredients, 30 Minute Meal) is a quick and easy, real food recipe from September 2018 Featured Chef Carrie Forrest. Carrie has a knack for developing tasty recipes that are healthy and delicious! Let your Instant Pot do most of the work and enjoy a masterpiece meal that doesn’t take all day to prepare.
Recipe Author: Carrie Forrest, MBA, MPH
PHOTO CREDIT: Carrie Forrest/Clean Eating Kitchen
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or cubed chicken breast)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 stalks lemongrass
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice, fresh limes, and sliced scallions (optional), for serving
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTANT POT COCONUT CHICKEN
- Add the celery to the pot of your pressure cooker. Place the chicken tenders on top of the celery. Add the chicken broth and lemongrass and lock on the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes and use the quick release to let off the steam.
- Use tongs to remove the lemongrass and discard.
- Pour in the coconut milk and give the soup a good stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice, fresh lime, and sliced scallions, if desired.
MEET THE CHEF
Carrie Forrest is the creator of the blog, Clean Eating Kitchen, where she shares easy gluten-free and dairy-free recipes and resources. Carrie is also the host of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, featuring interviews with health experts and influencers, along with stories from her own health journey. Carrie has masters degrees in business and public health nutrition, but, more importantly, has used a real food diet to recover from and manage multiple health conditions including PCOS, chronic migraines, anxiety, autoimmune disease, and cancer.
Carrie’s work inspires women to take control over their health, with a focus on holistic and natural healing. Find Carrie online at her website, www.cleaneatingkitchen.com, or on Instagram and Facebook @cleaneatingcarrie.