Fall is officially upon us! We don’t know about you, but when the temperature drops we are craving something warm and savory. October Featured Chef Mike Gorman‘s Instant Pot Chuck Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce is just thing to satisfy those savory cravings. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it is quick and easy. That is a win-win!
“I am a sucker for an old school pot roast but being keto I tend to avoid the root vegetable heavy dishes and having recently moved, I need to plan my time well. This dish is economical with time, packs a ton of flavor and gives me all the comfort food feels as the Fall begins!”
Instant Pot Chuck Roast With Mushroom Cream Sauce
Recipe By: Mike Gorman |Gormy Goes Keto
For The Roast
- US Wellness Meats Chuck Roast (3lbs)
- Two cups of beef bone broth
- One teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (can be omitted!)
- One large onion sliced
- One tablespoon beef tallow
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
For The Sauce
- Eight ounces baby Bella mushrooms sliced
- One quarter of a medium onion diced
- One tablespoon butter
- One half cup beef bone broth (reserved from the roast!)
- One half cup heavy cream
- One teaspoon dijon mustard
- One half teaspoon salt
- One half teaspoon black pepper (more or less as desired)
For The Roast
- Pat dry the roast and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn your Instant Pot on saute mode and add the beef tallow.
- When the tallow is hot, add the chuck roast browning on all sides. Will not need more than 2-3 minutes a side.
- Remove the roast, and add the onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes stirring well to pick up any of the nicely browned flavor left behind by the chuck.
- Return the chuck to the pot over the bed of onions, and add the broth and Worcestershire.
- Place the lid on the pot and set to manual (high pressure) for 60 minutes.
- Allow for a natural pressure release when finished for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the roast to a tray and prepare your sauce!
For The Sauce
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and raise heat to medium high. Saute until well browned.
- Add reserved bone broth from the instant pot and simmer with the mushroom/onion mixture until reduced by half. Should take 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, add cream, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until thickened, approximately 5 minutes. Do not boil as this will make the cream separate. You can reduce the heat if you know your burners run hot.
- Serve the sauce over your roast!
This is a great dish with mashed cauliflower or roasted broccoli! If your roast is not fork tender after cooking, you can cook it in your instant pot for an additional 10 minutes.
Looking for more recipes? Explore our Discover Blog for some delicious inspiration.
October Featured Chef Mike Gorman has quite an inspirational story. To put it simply, Mike knows a thing or two about weight loss. In fact, he has lost over 300 lbs twice! Today, Mike inspires and coaches others to do the same through his Instagram @gormygoesketo and his podcast Fat Guy Forum. Check out his page and podcast to find health journey inspiration, keto recipes, and more!