Here’s a delicious meal when you need to feed a hungry family. Pasture raised heirloom pork has an amazing depth of flavor that will likely leave your guests craving more. Featured Chef Danny Sterling shares this Instant Pot Braised Pork recipe.
Recipe Author: Danny Sterling | Cumberland Heritage
USWM Shopping List: Pork Shoulder Roast, Sugar-Free Pork Bacon, Chicken Broth
PHOTO CREDIT: Instant Pot Braised Pork by Danny Sterling | Cumberland Heritage
- 5# USWM pork shoulder roast
- 1# USWM sugar free pork bacon
- 32oz USWM Chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ head of garlic peeled (no need to chop, leave whole)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1ea bay leaf
- 1tbsp Ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
Instructions For Instant Pot Braised Pork
- Sear pork shoulder in a heavy bottom cast iron pan.
- Once color is developed on all sides remove pork shoulder and place in instant pot.
- Add the bacon and render until fully cooked (does not need to be crispy)
- After bacon is rendered add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent
- Add remaining ingredients except broth and continue to sauté for 1-3 minutes.
- Once the herbs and spices are slightly toasted add in chicken broth.
- Scrape pan with wooden spoon into instant pot with pork shoulder
- Use the manual cook setting and set the time on 90 minutes with high heat. (If you are using a traditional pressure cooker cook on high until pressure is reached then drop down to low to maintain pressure for about 60-75 minutes)
- Once 90 minutes is up you can pull the pork and serve it with the strained broth.
- Remove the pork from pot once cooked.
- Strain your cooking liquid into a medium sauce pan and reduce on high heat until the consistency of heavy cream.
- While boiling whisk in 8oz of unsalted grass fed butter and 1tbs of lemon juice.
- Serve this as a sauce to coat your pork.
Meet The Chef:
Chef Danny Sterling and his wife Julia are the proprietors of Cumberland Heritage Co. Danny specializes in developing recipes and preparing healthy, nutritious, ancestral foods. The husband/wife duo are also available for nutrition consulting and private events.