US Wellness Meats has a really tasty pork breakfast sausage available in our store. On occasion though, it’s nice to break out a homemade recipe and do it yourself. This is a quick recipe with 3 varieties of ground meats for a really richly flavored treat. George Bryant shares his extremely delicious breakfast sausage recipe featuring grass-fed ground beef and bison, along with heritage ground pork. We hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Recipe Author: George Bryant/Civilized Caveman
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
PHOTO CREDIT: George Bryant/Civilized Caveman
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground bison
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- You can make these with all your own fresh ground meat like I did. I used ground pork shoulder, top sirloin, and bison tenderloin
- Combine all of your ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Form into 1-2 inch rounds
- You can refrigerate those rounds for up to 1 week to use and/or freeze for up to 3 months
- For eating immediately, heat skillet over medium-low heat
- Saute until brown and cooked through, ~10-15 minutes
- Serve with any other food you can imagine, breakfast, lunch or dinner like I did
If you’d like to see the original breakfast sausage recipe, click here!
Meet The Chef:
Thanks to The Civilized Caveman, George Bryant, for another delicious dish!
George Bryant is a professional Husband, Bonus Dad and family man. He is also the New York Times Best-Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of the wildly popular Paleo food blog “Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.” After spending the first 20-something years of his life in a constant battle with his weight, and then nearly losing both his legs while on deployment as a US Marine, George took matters into his own hands and began his own Paleo-journey. What started as a simple place to post recipes for friends, has since turned into an award-winning food blog. After being in the Marines for 12 years, George has since been medically separated and is enjoying working full time creating delicious Paleo recipes, while hoping to change as many lives for the better by making REAL food recipes simple and tasty.