We are always on the lookout for recipes to take breakfast to the next level. April Featured Chef Monica Little has just the recipe we are looking for. Her Homemade Breakfast Sausage is sure to be a favorite among your family.
If you ever bought breakfast sausage from the store, you probably noticed that it contains unnecessary ingredients like sugar or added preservatives. But it’s just as easy to make at home without the unnecessary add-ins – and trust me, breakfast sausage tastes so much better homemade! The recipe is super simple so it all comes down to the quality of ingredients.
Homemade Breakfast Sausage
Recipe By: April Featured Chef Monica Little, Plant Based Beauty
Makes: 16 Individual Breakfast Patties
USWM Shopping List: Ground Pork
1 lb ground pork
1 tsp organic paprika
1 tsp organic garlic powder
1 tsp organic thyme
1 tsp organic fennel seeds
1 tsp organic sage
3/4 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined
- Using a spoon, scoop and then hand-roll into individual patties
- Place in a glass Tupperware container, using parchment paper in between layers
- Store extras in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for future use
- Thaw and cook on a cast iron skillet or frying pan each morning! No oil needed
Visit the Discover Blog for more recipe inspiration.
Meet the Chef
Monica Little is a true believer in food as medicine. She has a passion for healthy and flavorful whole food recipes that have helped her in healing from inflammation and hormone imbalances. Check out Plant Based Beauty for more recipes and skin care tips.