Recipe and Photo by Katie Braswell | Wild + Well
January Featured Chef, Katie Braswell, is all about the liver! One look at her Instagram feed will prove that Katie is passionate about fueling our busy bodies with quality nutrition. Grass-fed beef liver is high in vitamins and minerals — especially essential for expecting or postpartum mothers. With this recipe, Katie leads us to the breakfast nook where “good mornings” and laughter are shared as a steaming skillet of Mexican-style hash is passed around the table. Filled with liverwurst, sweet potato, bell peppers, and onions, this delicious and nutritious dish will gear you up for the day ahead.
Hidden Liver Mexican Breakfast Hash
Recipe and Photo By: Katie Braswell | Wild + Well
USWM Shopping List:
- 1 tbsp US Wellness Meats Beef Tallow
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes (chopped)
- 1 lb US Wellness Meats Liverwurst
- 1 Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 4 Eggs (optional)
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese (optional)
- Hot Sauce of Choice
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add liverwurst to a skillet over medium-high heat and crumble meat. Add in Siete Foods taco seasoning and stir until cooked.
- Add in a tablespoon of Beef Tallow to the parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Once melted, remove from oven and add in bell pepper, onion, and sweet potates. Add salt and pepper and a little avocado oil and then roast everything in the pan for 25-35 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, remove them from the oven and sprinkle liverwurst on top. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to warm liverwurst.
- Once done, top with avocado, feta cheese, and eggs. We’re big Cholula hot sauce fans and like to add that on too! This Liver Mexican Breakfast Hash is another gret meal to pre-make and freeze.
Browse our Discover Blog for more!
Katie Braswell, of Wild + Well, is a Holistic Nutritionist based in Boulder. She is passionate about working alongside women throughout their journey through childbirth, especially after her experiences with the birth of her son. Katie’s specific areas of interest are preconception health, fertility, prenatal nutrition and supplementation, gestational diabetes, breastfeeding and postpartum nutrition/care (focusing on nurturing mama and baby). She believes in meeting her clients where they are in their health journey to regain balance and vibrant health! You can connect with Katie at https://www.livewildbewell.com/contact or firstname.lastname@example.org.