If you’re looking for a simple, yet elegant recipe for dinner, try this Heart-Healthy Paleo Moussaka featuring our 100% Grass-fed Beef. It’s meaty and satisfying!
USWM Shopping List: 85% Lean Ground Beef
Ingredients For Heart-Healthy Paleo Moussaka:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs ground grass-fed/finished beef
- 1 tbs cinnamon (or more if you’d like)
- 2 tbs Mediterranean Grill Blend by The Spanish Tin
- 3/4 can tomato paste (you can use the whole can, but I wound up eating the last 1/4 of it)
- 1 large eggplant, chopped
- 3 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 13 oz can lite coconut milk, shaken
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- Olive Oil Spray
Directions For Paleo Moussaka: Put the Mouss in the Saka…
- Preheat the oven to 360.
- Spray olive oil spray on a non-stick frying pan that’s on a burner over medium-high heat.
- Next, add the onion and garlic into the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, herbs/spices and cinnamon to the pan.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Dice the eggplant and place into the same frying pan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle some salt over the eggplant and sauté for about 5 minutes until it is barely softened.
- Add tomato paste to the eggplant and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the eggplant into a baking dish (in my case, a heart-shaped one).
- Pour the meat mixture evenly over top of the eggplant.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the coconut milk into the frying pan, still over medium heat.
- Mix the arrowroot flour with the coconut milk in the frying pan.
- When it starts to bubble, stir in the diced parsley.
- Pour the white sauce evenly over the meat and eggplant in the baking dish.
- Bake the casserole for 18 minutes, then broil for 5-8 minutes to get a nice color on the top.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting (if you can wait that long).
- Commence FOODGASM!
GiGi Dubois Ashworth is a Certified Nutritionist, allergen-friendly cook, and popular food blogger/vlogger at GiGi Eats Celebrities. If you’re feeling like you need a good smile, check out her blog. GiGi’s witty presentations bring her humor into the kitchen along with simply delicious recipes!