Tacos… a meal so good it has its own day of the week! Switch things up next Taco Tuesday with healthy taco bowls instead of the traditional taco. It’s the same flavors you know and love with a structural twist. Follow along with March 2021 Featured Chef Jillian Vander Ploeg’s Healthy Taco Bowls recipe.
“Gut health is essential. Healthy Taco Bowls are a great option, simple to make, and have a lot of variety! This is an easy and quick dish that the whole family can enjoy and you can feel good about eating!”
Heathly Taco Bowls
Recipe By: Jillian Vander Ploeg | Healthy Gaps Mama
Serves: 2-4 People
USWM Shopping List: Ground Beef
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Optional: Onions, tomatoes, cilantro, raw sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado
- Warm skillet with grass-fed butter on medium heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain excess liquid from beef.
- Add seasonings to beef and stir. Add 1/2 cup of filtered water or more if needed and let simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Put together your taco bowl with your desired toppings such as shredded cheese, raw sour cream, tomatoes, onions, avocados, the options are endless!
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes and more!
Jillian Vander Ploeg
Jillian Vander Ploeg believes in food as medicine. She is passionate about nourishing recipes that give the body the tools it needs in order to heal. The GAPS diet has helped her to heal her own health issues including IBS, anxiety, hormone imbalances, and much more. She works as a Certified GAPS Practitioner & Registered Nurse to help aid others on their journey of healing. Check out her website here: www.HealthyGAPSMama.com