With holidays approaching and numerous hungry mouths to feed, you’ll want to have this Hawaiian Pork Roast recipe at your fingertips. Chef Gabriella Schneider has a dish that will warm the house with savory smells the whole crowd will love. When the cold weather creeps in, the Hawaiian nature of this pork roast will have you forgetting about the cold days of winter and dreaming of a tropical paradise.
Recipe Author: Gabriella Schneider/Beyond The Bite
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Boneless Pork Sirloin Roast
PHOTO CREDIT: Gabriella Schneider/BeyondTheBite4Life.com
- 1, 3-4 lb boneless pork roast
- 7 cups cabbage – shredded
- 2 white onions (11/2 cups) – slivered
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger – chopped
- 1, 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
Process For Hawaiian Pork Roast:
- Remove pork roast from packaging, dry with a paper towel, and sprinkle with 1 tsp sea salt.
- With a large knife, shred cabbage, cup onions into slivers, and finely chop the fresh ginger.
- Mix ingredients together in a crockpot and sprinkle with 1 tsp sea salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combined crushed pineapple, Coconut Aminos, and fish sauce.
- Make a bed in the cabbage mixture, and then add the pork roast, nestling it inside.
- Pour pineapple mixture over the pork and place the top of your slow cooker.
- Turn heat to high and allow the roast to cook for 5 hours (or) set heat on low for 7 hours.
Many thanks to Gabriella Schneider, certified chef, writer, and science lover for sharing her recipe. Gabriella uses diet, lifestyle, and personal primal knowledge to overcome the odds of healing from chronic Lyme Disease. While there may not be an one-stop cure for the damaging effects that untreated, neurological Lyme had in my body since a young age, I believe that through Christ all things are possible. No illness, trial, or circumstance in life defines who one is, rather shapes them into all that they are meant to be.
Check out Gabriella’s e-book, Organ Meat Makeover, for recipes, AIP dietary tips, FAQs and more!