Aimee Wilson of OneFullPlate is the US Wellness Featured Chef for November 2017. Aimee shares this fabulous gut healing chicken soup recipe. Her Chicken + Pork Sausage soup is a wonderful remedy for the wintertime blues. Make enough of this to freeze so you can enjoy a meal later when you have a craving for something extremely nutritious and tasty.
Recipe Author: Aimee Wilson/OneFullPlate.com
Serves: 6-8 (depending on how hungry you are)
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: Sugar-Free Pork Sausage, Chicken Bone Broth or Gelatin
PHOTO CREDIT: Aimee Wilson/OneFullPlate.com
- 1.5 pints of Chicken Bone Broth or Gelatin
- 1 generous cup of Organic Spinach
- 1 lb of US Wellness Meats Sugar-Free Pork Sausage
- 2 cups of filtered or tap water
- 2 cut up organic carrots (I used white carrots)
- 1 pinch of pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of Organic Rosemary
- 1 pinch of pepper (omit if strict AIP)
- 1 cup of diced colored organic cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of Organic celery (WF was surprisingly out when I went shopping but I would totally have added this in)
- 1 tbsp of Arrowroot starch (skip if GAPS)
Preparation Of Gut Healing Chicken Soup:
- In a large stovetop pot (big enough to be able to hold 1/2 a gallon would be ideal), put on medium high heat. Dump in the diced onions, carrots, and pork sausage.
- Add sea salt, pepper, and rosemary. Break up the pork sausage so it turns into crumbles and cook the pork sausage until just cooked thru.
- Pour in the bone broth and water; turn the heat down to low and cover to help simmer.
- Once the broth begins to bubble (about 15-30 minutes in), add in the celery and cauliflower. Stir and recover.
- After another 10 minutes pass, add in the arrowroot starch and chopped spinach.
- Depending on how long you want to infuse flavor, after the spinach is wilted looking, the soup is ready to eat. However, for more flavor, let the soup bubble to your liking.
About The Author:
Aimee Wilson is a food, travel, and lifestyle blogger at OneFullPlate.com. Her focus is on simple, delicious, recipes with clean, healthy ingredients.