Past Featured Chef, Carrie Forrest join us with this simply delicious recipe. When you’re feeling rushed to get dinner ready, this recipe from Carrie is an excellent solution. Her ground bison and cauliflower recipe is perfect for paleo and Whole30 diets. It’s grain-free and easy!
Recipe Author: Carrie Forrest | Clean Eating Kitchen
US Wellness Shopping List: Ground Bison
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 servings
PHOTO CREDIT: Ground Bison & Cauliflower Bowl by Carrie Forrest | Clean Eating Kitchen
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken up into florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 pounds ground bison
- 2 cups spring peas and chopped carrots (defrosted, if using frozen)
- Add cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse for about 30 seconds until florets are broken into a rice-like texture, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cauliflower rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ground cumin, oregano, and turmeric and transfer mixture to a bowl while you cook the meat.
- Add the ground bison to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until it is almost completely done. Use a large spoon or spatula to break up any chunks and ensure even cooking.
- Turn the heat to low, add the peas and carrots, and place a lid on the skillet. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in the cooked cauliflower rice mixture.
- Serve hot.
Meet The Author
Carrie Forrest is the creator of the blog, Clean Eating Kitchen, where she shares gluten-free and dairy-free recipes and tips. She also hosts the podcast, Clean Eating for Women. Carrie has masters degrees in business and public health nutrition, but, more importantly, has used a real food diet to recover from and manage multiple health conditions including PCOS, chronic migraines, anxiety, autoimmune disease, and cancer.