- 6 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- canola oil, for brushing
- 1 tablespoon kiwi, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon green apple, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded, deveined, and minced
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon mint, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced radish, garnish
- sliced jalapeno, garnish
- sliced kiwi, garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Rub the grill with canola oil to prevent sticking.
- On a clean work surface, season shrimp with garlic salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Place seasoned shrimp on preheated and oil grill.
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until they become coral color and opaque.
- In a medium bowl, combine kiwi, green apple, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and mint. Add lime juice, lime zest, honey and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and allow flavors to come together.
- To plate, line a plate with sliced kiwi. Add grilled shrimp and top with relish. To garnish, top with sliced radish and jalapeno.
Side note: pairs will with a simple lemon aioli.
ABOUT CHEF ADRIANNE CALVO:
Adrianne Calvo is the Executive Chef and owner of Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar, Host of Maximum Flavor Live on NBC’s 6 in the Mix, author of four cookbooks: Maximum Flavor (2005); Chef Adrianne: Driven by Flavor Fueled by Fire (2008); #MaximumFlavorSocial (2014); and Play with Fire (2015), and founder of the Make it Count Foundation. Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar opened in 2007 and has won numerous prestigious awards including Best Restaurant Miami and Best Chef Florida. Monthly, the restaurant holds its signature event, Dark Dining, where guests are blindfolded for a sensual experience eliminating one sense in order to enhance another, providing maximum flavor. For more information, visit: