Here’s an effortless summer dish that comes together in 20 minutes, with less than 10 ingredients! If you’ve been hesitant about trying this outside-the-box protein, fear not, this recipe using grass-fed lamb will have you giving your stamp of approval. Served with a fresh fruit pico, that has a dash of minty-Mediterranean flair!
Try this amazing Grilled Lamb Chops with Pineapple-Mint Pico De Galo recipe and allow yourself to be swept away in the flavors of the Mediterranean.
PHOTO CREDIT: Lexus Anderson/Home Chef Lexus
Recipe Author: Lexus Anderson (July 2018 USWM Featured Chef)
USWM Shopping List: Lamb Loin Chops
- 2 (6 oz) Lamb Loin Chops
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 T lamb seasoning
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (chopped into half-inch pieces)
- 1 roma tomato (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tsp dried mint
Directions For Grilled Lamb Chops:
- Start by heating a cast iron grill pan on the stove to medium heat (you could also grill these outdoors, just watch your meat so it doesn’t overcook!).
- Rinse and pat dry your lamb chops, and then season on both sides with salt, pepper, and lamb seasoning.
- Place lamp chops on the grill pan, and leave for about 7-8 minutes to get a nice sear.
- While your lamb is cooking, toss together the pineapple, tomato, and cilantro with the dried mint, until all is evenly combined.
- Flip the lamb, letting it cook again for another 5-6 minutes. Check internal temp: for medium-rare (145 degrees).
- Serve with the pineapple-mint pico on top, or plate on the side with fresh tortillas chips!
Meet The Chef:
Lexus Anderson is a home chef who enjoys cooking real, wholesome food and grocery shopping for healthy meals on a budget! She lives in Springfield, Missouri with her husband, Taylor, and their two dogs, Rey & Yoda.
Lexus is a full-time bridal consultant at Normans Bridal. “The only thing I love more is coming home after a busy day working with beautiful brides and cooking up a storm in my kitchen. It is truly where I am the happiest! – Happy Cooking!” ~ Lexus