Meatballs are one of those easy and delicious meals you can always have on standby if things get busy. Another bonus is the versatility they offer! There are so many subtle flavor combinations that make them please every craving. May 2021 Featured Chef Morgan Simon is adding another tasty recipe to our collection. Follow the steps below for Morgan’s Greek Meatballs.
“These are one of my very favorite dinners to serve – both for an easy weeknight dinner for my family (they are great to prep ahead of time!) or for guests! Paired with tzatziki, a Greek salad, and roasted potatoes, they are as close as it gets to dinner perfection!”
Recipe By: Morgan Simon | Well Thymed
USWM Shopping List: Ground Lamb, Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/ 2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/ 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. (If needed, add more almond flour).
- Form into 24 meatballs, arranging on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place in the refrigerator for between 30 mins – 1 hour (this helps to retain their shape, though it can be skipped if in a hurry!).
- Bake for ~20 minutes, or until cooked through (~145*).
Tip: These freeze great! Pull them out ~12 hours in advance to thaw and then bake as directed.
Visit the Discover Blog for ordering tips, kitchen hacks, and more delicious recipes.
May 2021 Featured Chef Morgan Simon has always loved nutrition and interested in leading a holistic lifestyle. However, when she got pregnant with her son over five years ago, this desire deepened tenfold. She quickly learned how toxic many baby products were (even the ones touted as natural!) and how many dyes and additives were being put in food (even the ones marketed as healthy!). This ultimately led her to become a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. As an FNTP, Morgan works with women and children to help adopt a nutrient-dense, whole-food lifestyle and eliminate environmental toxins to live their best life possible. Outside of work, you can usually find her cooking up a storm in the kitchen, playing outside with her family, or with her nose in a good book! You can find Morgan on Instagram at WellThymed or at her website www.wellthymed.com.