The ultimate greek chicken recipe is here. November Featured Chef Jared Veldheer combines some of the tastiest and most nourishing ingredients: pasture-raised chicken breasts, rosemary, garlic, shallots, smooth Feta, and more. US Wellness Chicken Breasts are well known for their tenderness and juiciness. The chickens are raised on a salad bar of grasses, legumes, and insects. The limited amount of grain US Wellness Meats’ chickens consume is Non-GMO. They are also antibiotic and hormone free.
Jared Veldheer is well-acquainted with the importance of quality nutrition. After 11 years on the professional football field, Jared knows that what you eat determines how your brain and body perform and recover. Since retiring from the NFL, Jared prepares lunch for the children at a middle school in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is on a mission to share the good news of healthy living!
“I enjoy cooking farm-to-table with an ethnic spin. I like to pair fresh, local ingredients with US Wellness Meats to create fun, family-friendly dishes with lots of flavors and deliver optimal nutrition and nourishment. Using recipes from around the world give our children a glimpse into how other cultures cook and eat.” -Jared
Recipe by Jared Veldheer | @jaredv68
US Wellness Shopping List: 2 lbs. Pasture-Raised Chicken Breast
2 Tablespoons dried Rosemary
2 Tablespoons dried Thyme
6 cloves garlic
1/2 cup Olive Oil
8 oz Authentic Feta Cheese (sheep milk)
1 tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
- Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are well blended and a coarse paste is formed.
- Rub chicken generously with the blended paste.
- Cook on a baking sheet at 400°F until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let the chicken breast rest for 5 minutes.
- Chop chicken breast into 1” cubes.
- Crumble the Feta and add to the chicken along with an extra drizzle of high-quality extra virgin olive oil. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over long-grain rice.
Browse delicious chicken recipes and more on the Discover Blog!
After 11 years in the NFL, Jared Veldheer gained an understanding and appreciation for wholesome nutrition. Grass-fed, pastured meat became a staple for him to be able to maintain a weight of 330 pounds while being as fit and healthy as possible. Since retiring from his offensive lineman position, Jared has served as the “Lunch Dad” at his children’s middle school in Grand Rapids, Michigan.