Recipe and photo courtesy of George Bryant of Civilized Caveman
Simple and delicious…two words that describe this main course. Start with grass-fed beef sirloin and either a grill or cast iron skillet and prepare for the tantalizing flavor and savory smells to elicit hunger pangs. It’s a simple recipe but the hint of sweet contrast delivers just the right kick!
Recipe Author: George Bryant | Civilized Caveman
US Wellness Shopping List: Grass-fed Top Sirloin, Raw Almonds
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 grass-fed top sirloin
- ground ginger
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- drip of balsamic vinegar optional
- Preheat your grill on high heat
- Ensure your steak has come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes
- Combine your almonds, strawberries, and balsamic (if using) in your food processor and blend it down to a salsa
- Generously rub your sirloin with ginger and then lightly season with salt and pepper
- Grill your steak to your liking
- When finished, cover your steak on a plate with aluminum foil for at least 5 minutes to allow the meat to rest
- Top with your strawberry salsa and enjoy
See the original post at Civilized Caveman.
Meet The Chef
Thanks to The Civilized Caveman, George Bryant, for another delicious dish!
George Bryant is a professional Husband, Bonus Dad and family man. He is also the New York Times Best-Selling author of The Paleo Kitchen and creator of the wildly popular Paleo food blog “Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.”