Sometimes you just need a burger! Why settle for any old burger though? This recipe from Chef Laura is quick and easy. It’s the perfect lunch when time is limited. Start with 100% grass-fed ground beef and bison for a rich flavor profile. Serve this up to your hungry family and watch them devour this grassfed beef & bison burger!
Recipe Author: Chef Laura
USWM Shopping List: 75% Lean Ground Beef, Ground Bison, Raw, Grass-fed Havarti Cheese, Primal Palate Steak Seasoning
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 8 min
- 1 lb 75% Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1/2 lb Havarti Cheese (sliced)
- Sea Salt
- Primal Palate Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa ~ spicy hot or mild…you choose
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted & mashed) – seasoned to taste, or not.
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (petite diced)
- 1/2 of a med sized onion ( petite diced)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- sea salt, black pepper
NOTE: Make your own guacamole or use a prepared variety as a time saver!
Instructions For Grassfed Beef & Bison Burger:
- Mix equal parts ground beef with the ground bison, season burger mix with Primal Palate Steak Steak Seasoning & Sea Salt, and form into 1/4 to 1/3 lb patties.
- Prepare the guacamole (or use a prepared variety) – in a separate dish, mash together the avocado, pepper, onion, garlic and seasoning of choice. Season with salt & black pepper to taste.
- For Medium-Rare to Medium burgers, place patties in skillet, cook over med-med high heat (likely 3-4 minutes on each side med-med high heat), or to preferred doneness. Be careful not to overcook the burger. Grass-fed is leaner and requires less cooking time.
- Add sliced cheese to hot burgers and let rest for a couple of minutes. Place a heaping tablespoon (1 oz) of guacamole on each pattie. Add a tablespoon of salsa over the guacamole.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf, or bun if you must.
NOTE: If you have time, prepare the guacamole early and refrigerate. An hour in the refrigerator can help bring out more flavor.
Chef Laura is The US Wellness Meats on-site chef and food consultant. She is a recipe developer and owns/operates Who Cooks For You?