October 2022 Featured Chef Danielle Christy sears grass-fed NY Strip and serves it with her homemade pistachio salsa recipe. Danielle is passionate about using fresh, wholesome ingredients that nourish the body and keep cooking fun and simple. In this recipe, her zesty pistachio salsa brings incredible, natural flavor to this nutrient-dense, grass-fed steak. Nourish your family with this simple dinner that adds some variety to steak night.
“My cooking style is approachable, and I try to keep things as simple as possible. Let the ingredients speak for themselves.”
Grass-Fed Steak with Pistachio Salsa!
Pistachio Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 medium shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves/ stems chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted, toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salsa, mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt to taste Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes, and serve.
- Bring steaks to room temperature, pat dry, and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add avocado oil or ghee.
- Place steak in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes per side. Once a crust has formed turn every 30 seconds and baste with fat from the steak. Once it reaches 120°F internal temperature remove it from the pan and allow it to rest 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa.
Browse the US Wellness Blog for more tasty, nourishing keto recipes!
Meet Danielle! As a health coach, it is Danielle’s passion to help people develop healthy food and cooking habits. As a personal chef and recipe blogger, Danielle shares recipes focusing on seasonal ingredients, whole foods, and eating the rainbow. Check out family favorites and weekly recipes on her blog, Savor the Kitchen, and Instagram.