It’s burger season! BBQ grills are sizzling as the summer temperatures climb. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this grass-fed beef and veggie burger hot off the grill. This is a creative idea from Allyson Meyler to get the nutritional benefits of grass-fed beef and your veggies all at the same time.
Remember! Grass-fed meats require less time on heat. While grass-fed beef is loaded with healthy fats, Omega 3’s and a host of other nutrients, the meat itself is leaner and requires less cooking time.
Recipe Author: Allyson Meyler/Reclaiming Yesterday
US Wellness Meats Shopping List: ground beef
PHOTO CREDIT: Allyson Meyler
- 1.5 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Instructions for Grass-fed Beef & Veggie Burger:
- Grate carrots and zucchini into a mixing bowl.
- Mince garlic and finely chop parsley.
- Melt half of the coconut oil into a hot pan and add garlic, carrots, zucchini, salt, and pepper. Sauté for about 2 minutes, add parsley, and continue to cook for several more minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Combine cooked vegetables with ground beef and add grated parmesan (if using). Mix to combine and form into patties.
- Add the remaining oil back to the pan, and cook over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes each side (or grill over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side)
- Serve on grilled sweet potato rounds* or hamburger buns and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sprouts, etc.
Visit Allyson’s blog post for the original recipe.
Allyson Meyler is the creative talent behind ReclaimingYesterday.com and the author of this delicious dish! Reclaiming Yesterday is about getting back to basics, eating and treating our health problems the way our ancestors did, and incorporating those things into the hectic and fast-paced lives we lead today. You’ll also notice Allyson is an extremely gifted photographer.