Pizza has plenty of people that claim it as their favorite food! In Fact, each American eats an average of 46 slices of pizza per year. Our you craving pizza, but are looking for a healthier alternative? January 2021 Featured Chef Kevin Rutherford‘s Grain-Free BLT Pizza is a tasty choice. Kevin outlines how to make his Paleo pizza crust and how to create the perfect pizza for any occasion.
Grain-Free BLT Pizza
Recipe By: Kevin Rutherford | Lets Truck
USWM Shopping List: Bacon, Grass-Fed Cheese
Paleo Pizza Crust
- 1 ¼ cups Paleo Baking Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 Slaw Topping
- 3 1 1/2 cups Paleo Mayo (Primal Kitchen or homemade)
- 4 1/4 Cup Raw Unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 5 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 6 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 7 juice of half lemon
- 8 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 Lots of cracked black pepper
- 10 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 11 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Preheat oven to 350ｰF and set aside a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, water, and oil. Add flour blend and mix thoroughly. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out and shape dough between two pieces of oiled parchment paper. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment and slide the bottom parchment and crust onto the baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Add bacon and shredded cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes
MAKE THE SLAW:
- Combine mayo through pepper in a bowl and whisk well
- Add chopped cabbage, onion, and tomato and combine.
- Remove from oven, slice it, then add the slaw topping.
Explore other delicious recipes on the Discover Blog.
Kevin Rutherford has been involved in the trucking industry his entire life. He bought his first truck when he was 22 years old. He is a Certified Financial Planner, Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and host of the wildly popular Trucking Business & Beyond Sirius XM radio show. He’s helped thousands of truck drivers to help them improve their business and health. Kevin has also developed the NDK (Nutrient Dense Keto) Diet to help drivers stay healthy on the road.