New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski had to end his NFL career at age 29 because he was in so much pain.
The “Gronk” had to give up what he loved because his body just couldn’t handle the constant beatings it took week after week. His breaking point was this year’s Super Bowl against the Rams. A hit to his thiGh left him in such severe pain that retiring early from the game was a no-brainer. He didn’t want to become another statistic…
You know stats are a big part of football. But here are a couple numbers you won’t hear the NFL talk about:
- Nearly 52% of pRofessional players take opioids to deal with the injuries they get on the field.
- And 71% admit that they misuse or abuse prescription painkillers. 1
But Gronk refused to take these dangerous drugs. And today, the tight end is pain-free for the first time in 10 years. He credits his recovery to CBD oil…
He found CBD after he jammed his toes playIng soccer with his family. His father had some on hand. He tried it and instantly got the pain relief he was looking for.
Natural Pain Relief
People who come to my clinic are looking for natural solutions to treat pain. Solutions they haven’t been able to find in mainstream medicine. And they know even over the counter Drugs are dangerous…
Regular use of low-dose aspirin increases your risk of bleeding, getting ulcers, developing hearing loss and having liver and kidney failure.2
And acetaminophen, or Tylenol, may be marketed as the world’s safest drug. But it Increases blood pressure, doubles your risk of certain cancers, leads to broken bones and causes liver damage.3,4,5,6
And NSAIDs can increase your risk of a heart attack or stroke — within just one week of consistent use.7
But CBD is an all-natural Remedy that has been safely used to relieve pain and inflammation for more than 6,000 years. Today, numerous studies are backing up what our ancestors always knew…
A study published in the journal Rheumatology found that a cannabis-based therapy significantly relieved pain in arthritis patients. And a 2017 study found CBD can be a safe and useful treatment for acute osteoarthritis joint pain.8
Tackle Pain Naturally
CBD comes from the cannabis plant. But unlike marijuana, CBD doesn’t contain THC — the compOund that alters your state of mind, or gets you “high.” But you need to choose a high-quality product…
- A lot of manufacturers dilute their oil with water or fillers to make more profit.
- Pay attention to the concentration level of the oil you’re buying.
- Look for high-quality ingredieNts. Avoid corn syrup, GMOs, pesticides and artificial additives.
- Finally, make sure your product is verified as free of mold, bacteria, pesticides, solvent residues and other contaminants.
To Your Good Health,
Al Sears, MD, CNS
Did You Find The Red Letters?: Gridiron
Now you’re ready to fill your shopping cart with tasty, nutritious grass-fed, wild-caught, and free range favorites! Use the Red Letter Discount Code to save. This Discount Code is valid Sunday, January 26, 2020 – Wednesday, January 29, 2020. That’s 96 hours to save!
- Discount code cannot be applied to previous orders.
- Applies to any order under 40 lbs.
- Excludes sale items, volume discounts, and gift certificates.
Please note, discount codes cannot be applied to items that are already on sale or discounted.
Visit our Discover Blog to read more Dr. Sears articles.
Books & DVD’s: Al Sears MD
Healthy Supplements: Primal Force
Natural Beauty Solutions: Pure Radiance
Sources & References
1. Dryden J. “Retired NFL players misuse painkillers more than general population.” The Source. January 28, 2011.
2. Harvard Health Letter. Weighing the risks and benefits of aspirin therapy. https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/weighing-the-risks-and-benefits-of-aspirin-therapy. November 2017. Accessed on September 29, 2019.
3. Harvard Health Letter. Acetaminophen may boost blood pressure. February 2011. https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/acetaminophen-may-boost-blood-pressure. Accessed May 8, 2018.
4. Walter RB, et al. “Long-term use of acetaminophen, aspirin, and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and risk of hematologic malignancies: Results from the prospective Vitamins and Lifestyle (VITAL) study.” J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(17):2424-2431.
5. Williams LJ, et. al. “Paracetamol (acetaminophen) use, fracture and bone mineral density.” Bone. 2011;48(6):1277-1281.
6. FDA U.S. Food & Drug Administration. Can an aspirin a day help prevent a heart attack?
7. Harvard Health Publishing. FDA strengthens warning that NSAIDs increase heart attack and stroke risk. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-strengthens-warning-that-nsaids-increase-heart-attack-and-stroke-risk-201507138138. Updated August 22, 2017. Accessed on August 17, 2018.
8. Philpott HT, et al. “Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis.” Pain. 2017;158(12):2442- 2451.