Happy May, folks! Grilling season is right around the corner for us in northeast Missouri. In many parts of the country, grilling season is in full swing. In Arizona, it’s almost always grilling season for our May 2022 Featured Chef, Bill Evans. Bill hits it out of the park with this Frenched Bone-In Ribeye recipe.
This recipe is a flavorful crowd-pleaser for a variety of taste preferences. Fire up the pellet smoker to cook the steaks to 110°F, and use the gas grill at the end for a fabulous sear to 130°F internal temperature. Get creative with healthy sides or invite friends for a backyard barbecue potluck.
Find three of Bill’s favorite seasonings in the ingredients section below, or consider a few of our US Wellness seasoning offerings: USWM All-Purpose Seasoning, Primal Palate Organic Steak Seasoning, and Primal Palate Organic Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Now, let’s BBQ with Bill!
Frenched Bone-In Prime Rib Eyes Three Ways
Recipe & Photos by Bill Evans | @bbqwithbill
USWM Shopping List: US Wellness Meats Beef French Bone-In Ribeye (3)
Prep Time: 1 hour
- (3) US Wellness Meats Beef French Bone-In Ribeye
- Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- Your choice of seasoning:
- Lane’s BBQ Salt Pepper Garlic Seasoning
- Meat Church Holy Gospel Seasoning
- Lane’s House Divided 4 Seasoning
- Turn on your pellet smoker at a temperature of 210°F and desired smoke level. (I used 9 on my CampChef)
- Coat the meat in olive oil by pouring it over the meat and then rubbing it for full coverage – this gives the seasoning something to stick to.
- Generously coat each rib eye in one of the spices on all sides.
- Toss on the smoker until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 110°F degrees.
- Turn on your gas grill to high heat (I had mine around 500°F degrees)
- Place meat on the gas grill to sear until they reach an internal temperature of 130° degrees.
- Serve it with your favorite sides and enjoy!
I’m a home chef in my free time and started BBQwithBill on Instagram about a year ago to share cooking tips and recipes. I live in Arizona which has great grilling weather year-round. I live with my wife, stepson, and mother-in-law who drive a lot of my recipe experiments.