Chop, sear, flake, feast! These fish tacos are begging to be tossed on the table for some quick, week-night nutrition. Have extra time? Find creativity with October Featured Chef Megan Barrett’s homemade tortillas and avocado mango salsa for color and flavor.
“These healthy fish tacos are packed with flavor, great texture, and they’re so simple to put together. If you like some sweetness in your fish tacos, these are for you. I think fish tacos are best when there’s a little crunch, a ton of flavor, and a creamy element makes them even better. They need to have it all. And these do!”
Fish Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa
Recipe By: Megan Barrett | Scratch to Basics
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
USWM Shopping List: Alaskan Sablefish (Black Cod)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb cod(or other white fish)
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup avocado mango salsa
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- tortillas (any kind you like)
- Heat a pan with 1 Tbsp oil on medium heat.
- Sprinkle salt over the fish and cook it in the hot pan for 3-4 minutes and then flip. You’ll know it’s cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Drizzle the fish with juice from ½ lime, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Make the avocado mango salsa. Get the recipe here.
- Finely slice the cabbage.
- Put it all together. Tortillas, fish, cabbage, avocado mango salsa, and garnish with cilantro.
- Sit down and enjoy!
Browse our Discover Blog for more healthy ideas.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 2g
SATURATED FAT: 0g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 1g
I’m a firm believer that food doesn’t have to be complicated to be delicious. I make delicious food daily and it’s NEVER complicated. Trust me. I don’t have time for complicated. I need easy. Easy to remember recipes, simple ingredients, and fast recipes that are packed with nutrition and flavor. Right around the time I started Scratch to Basics, I began a food journey of my own. I’ve been wandering down the road of elimination diets and food sensitivities. I’ve learned that I feel best when I avoid certain foods. For that reason, most of the recipes you’ll see on the blog are gluten free, dairy free, and/or Paleo.
My family and I are on a journey towards living a simpler life, growing our own food, and spending time on things that matter most. We are paying more attention to where our food comes from, and what’s inside it. I believe we can make a difference by making sustainable choices to eat real food each day.