The lack of tortillas doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes. We use iceburg lettuce leaves to make these steak fajitas, and they’re just as flavorful as the “real” thing!
- 1 tsp Chipotle Powder, (for Chipotle Aioli)
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- Mayonnaise, (for Chipotle Aioli) (SEE BELOW)
- 2 head Iceburg Lettuce
- 2 Avocado
- 1 cup Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Lemon, juice
- 1/4 tsp Yellow Mustard Seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
[box] Process In a blender or food processor, blend egg, lemon juice, and mustard seed. Slowly add in oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, continuing to blend. When the oil has all emulsified and you have a creamy mayonnaise, add in salt and pepper, and continue to blend.[/box]
- In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder, the smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the red bell pepper, mushrooms, and onions to the skillet and sauté, seasoning liberally with the spice mixture.
- When the onions and peppers are soft, transfer the vegetables to a bowl, and set aside.
- Season the steak with the spice blend. Add the steak to the hot skillet, and cook 4-6 minutes.
- Season the mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of chipotle powder, and whisk to combine.
- Place the steak and vegetables in a lettuce cup, and top with avocado and Chipotle Aioli to serve.
If you’d like to spice up your recipe with more Primal Palate seasonings, we’ve got a variety to choose from:
Griddle & Grill 3 pack (Steak Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, and Seafood Seasoning), Signature 3 pack (Adobo Seasoning, BBQ Rub, and Meat & Potatoes Seasoning), Everyday AIP Blends 3 pack (Super Gyro, Breakfast Blend, and Garlic & Herb)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Thanks to Hayley & Bill of Primal Palate for this tasty recipe. Enjoy!