Easy street tacos in 30 minutes? Count us in! These tacos are made with grass-fed-and-finished ground beef, providing optimal Omega 6:3 ratios and CLAs. Talk about brain-boosting! Use nourishing beef tallow to crisp the tacos and add your favorite spices and toppings for a delicious, fun, and nutritive meal.
Easy Street Tacos
Recipe & Photos by Sandy Nannen | Uncommonly Good Health
Prep & Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ cup beef tallow
- Garlic salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- Toppings: shredded lettuce and cheese, chopped cilantro, avocado, black olives, chopped tomatoes, limes
- Season and cook ground beef in a skillet.
- Lay the tortillas in a row on the kitchen counter. On one half of each tortilla, spread about 1 ½ Tbsp. of ground beef and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Melt the tallow in a heavy skillet over medium heat. When the tallow is hot, add one tortilla at a time and as soon as the tortilla becomes flexible from the heat, fold it over. You can do about 3 three tortillas at a time this way.
- When the tortilla is brown on one side, turn over and cook the other side. Drain on paper towels. Serve them along with toppings of your choice.
Moooo-ve on over to the Discover Blog for more nutritious recipes and wellness articles!
Sandy Nannen is a holistic nutrition consultant, Root Cause Protocol practitioner, and practices homeopathy. Sandy is passionate about achieving health in a holistic way and nutrition is a big part of that. After years of struggling with health, she realized she was suffering from IBS. After much trial and error, she has been able to manage this with diet and lifestyle changes. Sandy has a free ebook available, “No Stress Weight Loss”. Download your copy from her website, UncommonlyGoodHealth.com.