It is officially the holiday season! You know what that means… holiday food. The holiday season is the perfect chance to show off your skills in the kitchen. Past Featured Chef Aimee Wilson has created the perfect simple recipe to wow your family this year. It is an Easy Six-Step Sausage Stuffing Recipe. Thank you to Aimee for this yummy looking dish. We can’t wait to try it for ourselves this Thanksgiving.
Easy Six-Step Sausage Stuffing
Recipe by: Aimee Wilson, One Full Plate
USWM Shopping List: Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 5 slices of your choice of gluten free/paleo bread
- 1 medium organic carrot, diced
- 3 stalks of organic celery, diced
- 1 organic fennel, diced
- 1 small organic onion, diced
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of organic thyme (fresh or dried)
- 2.5 tbsp of organic sage (fresh or dried)
- 1.5 cups of no salt organic bone broth of choice
- 1lb of cubed sugar free breakfast sausage
- 1 tbsp of organic cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of organic cremini mushrooms (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. While oven is warming, cube up the slices of bread and spread pieces flat on a baking tray; once oven is at temperature, bake the bread until crunchy and dried out (should be about 15-20 minutes).
2. While bread is baking, chop up all vegetables and cube the sausage.
3. In a large bowl (or in the baking pan you plan on using), add the toasted cubes of bread, chopped vegetables, and sausage. Briefly mix together the ingredients.
4. To the bowl, add in the herbs, 1/2 cup of bone broth, and mix all ingredients together in the baking dish.
5. Bake the stuffing for a total of 45 minutes -1 hour or until it is heated through and browned on top; every 15 minutes, drizzle 1/2 cup of bone broth on top of the stuffing (to ensure neither dried out nor soggy ness).
6. Serve Warm
If you try this recipe, tag us using the tag #uswellnessmeats. Be sure to visit the Wellness Blog for more holiday recipes.