Salads are a regular lunch for so many! This may be because this dish has a very important trio going for it. They are easy, versatile, and delicious. With so many combinations between greens, proteins, and toppers, every meal can feel unique, which is the perfect solution to not tire of one dish. If chicken is the protein of choice for your salads, we have a new recipe for you to try out. This Easy Chicken Salad recipe is courtesy of May 2021 Featured Chef Morgan Simon, and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
“This is my very favorite lunch recipe. It’s great for using leftover chicken thighs from dinner, and honestly, it’s so flexible! Extra zucchini? Throw it in! Apples instead of grapes? Perfect! Make it your own!”
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
Recipe By: Morgan Simon | Well Thymed
USWM Shopping List: Chicken Thighs
- 2 lbs Cooked and Chopped Chicken (I prefer thighs)
- ½ Red Onion (chopped)
- 1 Head Cabbage (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 cup Grapes (halved)
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds (Or other nut/ seed)
- ½ Sea Salt (more to taste)
- Dressing (below)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Basil
- Chop all ingredients to bite size (dice herbs and onions).
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly. Use an immersion mixer if desired. Taste and add honey/ ACV/ additional salt if needed.
- Mix salad ingredients together, sprinkle with sea salt and then add dressing and toss!
Explore our digital cookbook on the Discover Blog.
May 2021 Featured Chef Morgan Simon has always loved nutrition and interested in leading a holistic lifestyle. However, when she got pregnant with her son over five years ago, this desire deepened tenfold. She quickly learned how toxic many baby products were (even the ones touted as natural!) and how many dyes and additives were being put in food (even the ones marketed as healthy!). This ultimately led her to become a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. As an FNTP, Morgan works with women and children to help adopt a nutrient-dense, whole-food lifestyle and eliminate environmental toxins to live their best life possible. Outside of work, you can usually find her cooking up a storm in the kitchen, playing outside with her family, or with her nose in a good book! You can find Morgan on Instagram at WellThymed or at her website www.wellthymed.com.