Mouthwateringly good is just the phrase to describe these Beef Short Ribs courtesy of January 2022 Featured Chef Katie Braswell. Katie’s recipe calls for a kitchen gadget we all know and love, the Instant Pot. Pair US Wellness Meats grass-fed short ribs with a few ingredients, and you will have an easy and delicious dinner. A special thank you to Katie for this recipe!
Easy Beef Short Ribs
Recipe and Photo By: Katie Braswell | Wild + Well
- 3.5 lbs US Wellness Meats Short Ribs
- 2 cups Beef Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 1 tbsp Crucial Four Salt
- 1 tbsp Beef Tallow
- Turn instant pot to sauté and add in beef tallow. While that is melting, salt short ribs with salt. Once tallow is melted, brown short ribs (3-4 minutes per side). Once brown, add another sprinkle of salt. Next, pour in fish sauce, soy sauce and bone broth. Set instant pot to manual and cook on high for 50 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, prep sides. I used chopped carrots cooked in bone broth and yellow potatoes roasted in beef tallow.
- Set oven to broil and once short ribs are done, place them on a parchment covered baking pan (this helps with toxicity from pans). Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes, watching closely so that they just brown, not burn. Once done, add in with roasted potatoes and carrots. And enjoy!
Visit the Discover Blog for recipes, kitchen tips, and more!
Katie Braswell, of Wild + Well, is a Holistic Nutritionist based in Boulder. She is passionate about working alongside women throughout their journey through childbirth, especially after her experiences with the birth of her son. Katie’s specific areas of interest are preconception health, fertility, prenatal nutrition and supplementation, gestational diabetes, breastfeeding and postpartum nutrition/care (focusing on nurturing mama and baby). She believes in meeting her clients where they are in their health journey to regain balance and vibrant health! You can connect with Katie at https://www.livewildbewell.com/contact