Cold weather is the perfect opportunity to cozy on up with a warming bowl of soup. We have the perfect soup-spiration for you, so get out you crockpot and let’s get started! You will love March Featured Chef Jillian Vander Ploeg’s Crockpot Chicken No-Tortilla Soup recipe. For both our patrons following a grain-free lifestyle and those not, this is a yummy option for you. Follow along with her recipe below.
“This crockpot chicken no-tortilla soup is an easy fix it and forget it grain-free comfort. This is a one pot meal that heals the gut wall and tastes delicious! This is a great way to sneak in meat stock without anyone knowing! The whole family will enjoy choosing their own flavorful toppings to enjoy their own unique creation!”
Crockpot Chicken No-Tortilla Soup Recipe
Recipe By: Jillian Vander Ploeg, Healthy GAPS Mama
Servings: Serves 4 People + leftovers
USWM Shopping List: Chicken Breast
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cups Homemade Chicken Stock
- 1 (15 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Optional: cilantro, chives, raw cheddar cheese, avocado, raw sour cream, fresh lime
- Add all ingredients to large crock pot except optional toppings.
- Place lid on crock pot. Cook on Low for approximately 6-8 hours or on High for 3-4 hours.
- When done cooking, remove chicken from crock pot and shred. Add your shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Spoon into a bowl, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
Find more recipes by Jillian on the Discover Blog.
Jillian Vander Ploeg
Jillian Vander Ploeg believes in food as medicine. She is passionate about nourishing recipes that give the body the tools it needs in order to heal. The GAPS diet has helped her to heal her own health issues including IBS, anxiety, hormone imbalances, and much more. She works as a Certified GAPS Practitioner & Registered Nurse to help aid others on their journey of healing. Check out her website here: www.HealthyGAPSMama.com